This page was last updated: October 25, 2017
The Right Turn, Inc. ~ 115 E Sioux Ave ~ Pierre SD 57501 ~ (605) 773-4755, Fax: (605) 773-5557
We are grateful to be a United Way Participating Agency!
The Right Turn, Inc. does not discriminate and provides service without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, political belief, disability, sexual orientation,
ancestry or national origin.
New changes to federal law require orientation training for all registered and licensed child care providers. We can help!
All current child care staff and family child care providers must complete the training by July 1, 2017 (pending federal approval). After July 1, 2017, newly hired child care staff or newly registered family child care providers will need to complete orientation training within 90 days of hire or registration.
Many orientation training topics are now available online 24 hours a day:
New Orientation Training Topics
1. Prevention & Control of Infectious Diseases
2. Safe Sleep Practices and Reducing the Risk of SIDS
3. Administration of Medications in Child Care
4. Preventing & Responding to Emergencies Due to Food and Allergic Reactions
5. Providing a Safe Environment in Child Care
6. Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome and Abusive Head Trauma
7. Emergency Preparedness & Planning for Child Care Programs
8. Handling & Storage of Hazardous Materials and the Disposal of Biocontaminants
9. Appropriate Precautions for Transporting Children
10. Recognition & Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect
(will be available online after August 1)
11. Basic First Aid for Child Care Providers
(available directly from Right Turn)
12. CPR Certification
(must be taken in person; available from Right Turn)
2015 - 2016 Training Counts Towards Orientation!
Child care providers who attended Right Turn training hours on these topics in 2015 or 2016 may be able to count them toward the new orientation requirements. Please contact us if you would like a copy of your training record; we can help determine what topics are still needed for each child care provider.